Should work on Windows 8 as well as 8.1.
This visual style is made to have no accent color, only black, grey and white.
The music player in the preview image is AIMP with Ladient ( fav.me/d6e0oqk
Based on Gray 2014 by ezio ( fav.me/d6x6ssl
& Gray8-final by gsw953onDA ( fav.me/d5navyx
Credit to these guys since they did most of the work.
Before you install:
- Make a restore point.
- Follow this tutorial just in case anything goes wrong:www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutor…
- Install Open Sans (included in the download)
How to install:
- Apply the UxStyle Patch: uxstyle.com/
- Disable ribbon UI: fav.me/d4xt4f0
- Copy the content of the Visual Style folder to C:WindowsResourcesThemes
- Right click your desktop > Personalize and click Penumbra 8 under Installed Themes
For the previewed statusbar use Classic Shell:www.classicshell.net/
Make your window borders smaller:winaero.com/comment.php?commen…
ONE can cause installation problems such as installs being stuck at "creating shortcuts" and also other explorer related problems. If you are hindered by these problems, uninstall the ONE shell extension.
- Start menu right click in Windows 8.1.
- Fixed low quality notification arrow when taskbar is on the sides
- Changed a bunch of color in the explorer window
- Changed 'None' icon
- Small changes to all button types
- Changed color on dropdown menu
- Changed colors of pop-up menu
- Changed colors of Monthcal
- Bunch of other small changes and fixes
- Added OldNewExplorer (ONE) to the download
- Added new wallpapers, removed old ones
- Skinned copy window
- Made general colors a bit lighter
- Changed tooltip and tooltip balloon
- Made different between disabled/grayed and normal text more noticeable
- Slight change to the scrollbar
- Fixed change icon view menu
- Other small fixes and changes
- Changed colors of the explorer window
- Changed font rendering to Cleartype-natural
- Made overall font color a bit darker
- Changed colors right-click menu
- Made taskbar notifications more noticeable
- Made button colors lighter (incl. radio and checkbox)
- Added purple wallpaper
- A bunch of other small changes
- Changed the blue taskmanager colors
- Changed some of the icons when dragging files/folder in explorer
- Taskbar notifications should show now
- Other small changes
- Added Penumbra 8 W
This fixes some problems with dark background of searchboxes, urlbars and microsoft Word.
This is however in exchange that some other parts of the VS will appear white.
- Used Gray 2014 as new base. It should fix* most if not all problems that were present in Windows 8.1
- Slightly changed caption buttons
- Changed scrollbar arrows.
- Other small changes
- Changed taskband list item background and close button
- Changed background of the box when selecting filetype
- Changed background on desktop icons
- Changed editbox border
- Changed Close button on tool windows
- Fixed Vertical progress bar
- Fixed pin list icons for Windows 8.1, but it isn't properly styled yet
- Other small changes and fixes
- Removed white dot from search bar
- Made text in the control panel readable
- Changed progress bar
- Changed list tab item
- Initial Release beta
* = Set color intensity all the way to the left ( a.pomf.se/lyutdm.png
Please read the comments before asking about a problem.
Suggestions are welcome.