Should work on Windows 8 as well as 8.1.
This visual style is made to have no accent color, only black, grey and white.
The music player in the preview image is AIMP with Ladient ( fav.me/d6e0oqk
Based on Gray 2014 by ezio ( fav.me/d6x6ssl
& Gray8-final by gsw953onDA ( fav.me/d5navyx
Credit to these guys since they did most of the work.
Before you install:
- Make a restore point.
- Follow this tutorial just in case anything goes wrong:www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutor…
- Install Open Sans (included in the download)
How to install:
- Apply the UxStyle Patch: uxstyle.com/
- Disable ribbon UI: fav.me/d4xt4f0
- Copy the content of the Visual Style folder to C:WindowsResourcesThemes
- Right click your desktop > Personalize and click Penumbra 8 under Installed Themes
For the previewed statusbar use Classic Shell:www.classicshell.net/
Make your window borders smaller:winaero.com/comment.php?commen…
- Added OldNewExplorer (ONE) to the download
- Added new wallpapers, removed old ones
- Skinned copy window
- Made general colors a bit lighter
- Changed tooltip and tooltip balloon
- Made different between disabled/grayed and normal text more noticeable
- Slight change to the scrollbar
- Fixed change icon view menu
- Other small fixes and changes
- Changed colors of the explorer window
- Changed font rendering to Cleartype-natural
- Made overall font color a bit darker
- Changed colors right-click menu
- Made taskbar notifications more noticeable
- Made button colors lighter (incl. radio and checkbox)
- Added purple wallpaper
- A bunch of other small changes
- Changed the blue taskmanager colors
- Changed some of the icons when dragging files/folder in explorer
- Taskbar notifications should show now
- Other small changes
- Added Penumbra 8 W
This fixes some problems with dark background of searchboxes, urlbars and microsoft Word.
This is however in exchange that some other parts of the VS will appear white.
- Used Gray 2014 as new base. It should fix* most if not all problems that were present in Windows 8.1
- Slightly changed caption buttons
- Changed scrollbar arrows.
- Other small changes
- Changed taskband list item background and close button
- Changed background of the box when selecting filetype
- Changed background on desktop icons
- Changed editbox border
- Changed Close button on tool windows
- Fixed Vertical progress bar
- Fixed pin list icons for Windows 8.1, but it isn't properly styled yet
- Other small changes and fixes
- Removed white dot from search bar
- Made text in the control panel readable
- Changed progress bar
- Changed list tab item
- Initial Release beta
* = Set color intensity all the way to the left ( a.pomf.se/lyutdm.png
Please read the comments before asking about a problem.
Suggestions are welcome.